Call for Entries- Under The Influence: The 24th Annual Prince George’s County Juried Exhibition Arts/Harmony Hall Regional Center
Submission Deadline: Monday, October 1, 2012
Under The Influence is a juried exhibition of works that show all kinds of influences, including, but not limited, historic, aesthetic and cultural. The exhibition is sponsored by The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division. The exhibition will be on display from November 5 through December 28, 2012.
F. Lennox Campello
- Submission Deadline: Monday, October 1, 2012
- Notification of selected works via email:Friday, October 12, 2012
- Delivery of artwork to AHHRC: Friday, October 26, 9am-5pm
- Exhibition Dates: November 5 – December 28, 2012
- Public Reception: Saturday, November 17, 3-5pm
- Artist Talk and Refreshments: Saturday, November 24, 12noon-2pm
- Exhibition closes: Friday, December 28
- Artwork pick-up: Wednesday, January 2, 9am-5pm
Eligibility & Submission Criteria
This call for entries is open to all artists 18 years and older who live, work, attend school or have studios in Prince George’s County, MD. Artists may submit a maximum of 3 artworks for consideration. All works must be original (no reproductions). Proposals for installations or performance works should include sample images, video or audio of the type of work being proposed as well as a brief description of the proposed art work.
What to Send
- A CD/DVD containing images and/or segments of audio/video, each no longer than five minutes in duration.
- A bio, artist statement with contact info and a list of the works submitted with titles, media, and dimensions in MS Word.
- If you would like your materials returned, please include a SASE.
Where to Send It
Materials can be submitted by mail or delivered in person to the arts office at Arts/Harmony Hall Regional Center, 10701 Livingston Rd., Fort Washington, MD 20744 or emailed to: Stuart.Diekmeyer@pgparks.com All submissions, in the form of digital images, must be received by 5pm on Monday, October 1.
Guidelines for Digital Files
Efforts will be made to review all submissions, regardless of format. However, please be aware that incompatible files may cause submissions to be rejected. Applicants are encouraged to format files as described below.
- Name each file according to the following format: “last name” underscore “document”. Example: jones_statement.pdf.
- Number each image file corresponding to the work sample list. Example: 01_jones_untitled.jpgImage files should not be larger than 1MB, and should be formatted as jpeg, tiff or png.
- Video and audio submissions may be submitted as a DVD or on a CD and formatted as Quicktime, Windows Media, .wave or .mpeg.
On the recommendation of the juror, the Arts and Cultural Heritage Division will purchase select works of art for the inclusion in the Parks and Recreation art collection.
Delivery & Installation
Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery. Art work must be delivered ready to hang and appropriately presented. For works that require projection, sound or other electronic equipment, those materials must be provided by the artist. Art works that differ significantly from the images submitted for judging, or are not ready for gallery installation, may be rejected. If you need to ship the work, please call us to let us know what arrangements you have made. The exhibition will be installed and dismantled by M-NCPPC staff unless the nature of the work requires special assistance. All work accepted for exhibition will remain for the duration of the exhibition.
Sales & Insurance
The M-NCPPC will retain a 25% commission on all art works sold during the exhibition. The M-NCPPC will insure all consigned artwork in the custody of Arts/Harmony Hall for 75% of it’s sale value, from the time they are received by delivery, until the pick up date only.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact: Stuart Diekmeyer, Assistant Director, Arts/Harmony Hall Regional Center, 10701 Livingston Rd., Fort Washington, MD 20744 or email Stuart.Diekmeyer@pgparks.com. Participation implies agreement with all aforementioned conditions.
Harmony Hall Regional Center is located at 10701 Livingston RD, Fort Washington, MD 20744