Free Family Holiday Workshop
Family Holiday Art Making Workshop:Origami Holiday Ornaments
Learn to create beautiful hanging origami ornaments for your tree, window, door or fireplace, free at the Brentwood Arts Exchange! Families and friends are welcome to join us as we explore the traditional Japenese art form of folding paper into intricate and eye popping designs that the whole family will enjoy.
Thursday, December 6; 6pm-8pm
Creative Kids Days
Exploring the World Through Art! Focus on China
Students will create elaborate headdresses inspired by Chinese opera to wear and take home using new and recycled materials. Please wear art friendly clothes and bring a snack.
Saturday, December 8; 10:30am – 12:00pm
Resident: $20; Non-Resident: $24
Art After Work
Creative evening courses with a social twist
Bring your creativity – Bring your friends – Bring your own bubbly
Every Other Thursday; 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Drawing for the Color of it!
In this exciting and colorful class, we will explore various traditional drawing techniques utilizing only color medium, both wet and dry. Intrigued? This class is excellent to loosen you up by experimenting with new and unconventional ways of drawing. Bring in your own photographs or still-life objects to work from or take advantage of the objects we have on site.
Starts Thursday, December 13, 2012
Fee: $15; Walk-in
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
Using hands-on techniques, learn to use the namesake software of contemporary image editing. Create and build skills utilizing the computer as an art and photography tool. This is a two part introductory course. Taught by photographer Alison Duvall
Tuesdays, January 8-29 2013; 6:30pm – 8:30pm
SMARTlink # 1015627
Fee: $55/Resident; $65/Non-Resident
Ages: 13 – Adult
Make a Silver/Copper Ring
Make a silver ring and learn the basics of jewlery making. Fundamental jewelry making techniques such as sawing, filing, soldering, and polishing will be demonstrated.
Saturday, January 12, 2013; 11am – 3pm
Fee: $65/Resident; $78/Non-Resident
SMARTlink # 1015629
How to Register for Classes
- You must register and pay for classes in advance. You need to establish a SMARTlink account before you can register for classes and activities.
- Register in person at any M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation staffed facility in Prince George’s County.
- Register online at www.pgparks.com. Click on the SMARTlink icon on the right hand side of the page.
- Register by phone: call us at the Brentwood Arts Exchange 301-277-2863, or call the SMARTlink Helpdesk at 301-699-2255.
- Payment by Visa and Mastercard accepted; when registering in person, cash and personal checks accepted.
Brentwood Arts Exchange – exchanging ideas through art in Gateway Arts Center 3901 Rhode Island Avenue Brentwood, MD. 301-277-2863/ tty. 301-446-6802. email: email@example.com