East City Bookshop announces its Grand Opening lineup of events, featuring bestselling authors, local musicians, and a multitude of giveaways.
East City Bookshop will open its doors on April 30 with a Grand Opening Celebration from 10am – 8pm. The newly announced lineup of events includes:
- Book signings by New York Times bestselling author Louis Bayard, and many more Washington-area writers
- Exclusive Independent Bookstore Day releases from Neil Gaiman, Ann Patchett, and Kate DiCamillo
- Frequent giveaways
- Activities for children, including story time and a scavenger hunt
- East City Bookshop After Dark, a lineup of local musicians and author readings
- Writing and storytelling workshops for all
This jam-packed day will transition from family-oriented events in the morning and early afternoon to the East City Bookshop After Dark program in the evening, featuring music and readings for teens and adults. Readers who participate in three or more activities on opening day will qualify for a special in-store coupon. Each reading will also be followed by a special giveaway, culminating in a grand prize drawing.
“We’re planning a classic, independent, community-minded bookstore, with a dynamic selection of books for people of all ages,” said owner Laurie Gillman, a 23-year resident of Capitol Hill. “This Grand Opening event celebrates the diversity of talent here in our neighborhood, and our commitment to serving you—our community of readers.”
East City Bookshop is located at 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE. The 3,200-square-foot shop carries fiction and nonfiction new books for all ages, as well as gifts and book-related items, toys, and art and craft supplies. East City Bookshop also carries letterpress cards, and a curated selection of prints and locally made items.
The shop will host author events, book clubs, story times for children, and other events inspired by the community.
Learn more at www.eastcitybookshop.com/.