As Hamiltonian concludes their eighth year of artist-centered activities and programming, they are proud to announce six new, distinguished 2016 Hamiltonian Fellows to join their existing artists.
Hamiltonian is pleased to introduce:
- Rives Wiley (BFA, Rhode Island School of Design)
- Aschely Cone (MFA, Maryland Institute College of Art)
- Kyle Bauer (MFA, Louisiana State University)
- Magali Hebert-Huot (MFA, Maryland Institute College of Art)
- Paolo Morales (MFA, Rhode Island School of Design)
- Rachel Guardiola (MFA, Maryland Institute College of Art)
The 2016 Hamiltonian Fellows were selected from a competitive pool of 131 very talented artists. The External Review Panel, comprised of six art professionals, evaluated every application and gathered to discuss each artist based on criteria regarding artistic merit and relevance to today’s art world.
They would like to express gratitude to the panelists for their generosity and enthusiastic support of this endeavor:
- Jessica Beck, Associate Curator of Art, The Andy Warhol Museum
- Omar Lopez Chahoud, independent curator and artistic director of UNTITLED Art Fair
- Adriel Luis, Curator, Digital & Emerging Media, Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Matthew Mann, artist and Hamiltonian alumni
- Danielle Mysliwiec, artist and Assistant Professor, Department of Art, American University
- Sanjit Sethi, artist and Director of the Corcoran School of the Arts + Design at the George Washington University
Artwork by all six new fellows will be on view in the debut group exhibition new.now., opening at Hamiltonian Gallery on Saturday, September 17th from 7-9 pm.
Hamiltonian is located at 1353 U Street NW. For more information visit www.hamiltonianartists.org.
(Via Hamiltonian. Photo courtesy Hamiltonian Gallery)