Deadline: Friday, May 6 at 11:59pm EST.
The Mayor’s Arts Awards are the most prestigious honors conferred by the city on individual artists, teachers, nonprofit organizations and patrons of the arts. This year, the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities will present the 31st Annual Mayor’s Arts Awards. Artists and Organizations will be recognized in six categories: Excellence in the Arts, Excellence in the Humanities Excellence in Creative Industries, Outstanding Student Award, Excellence in Arts Teaching, and Outstanding New Artist. Special Awards will be given to individuals and organizations, recognizing their outstanding support to DC arts, humanities and Creative Industries.
- The awards are limited to individuals who reside and nonprofit organizations that have administrative offices in the District of Columbia.
- Individuals and nonprofit organizations may self-nominate or be nominated for an award.
- Individuals and nonprofit organizations may be nominated in multiple award categories where appropriate.
- Separate applications are required for each nomination.
- All nominations must be submitted in DCCAH’s Good Done Great (GDG) portal by Friday, May 6, 2016, 11:59PM (EST). (Please see link below.)
Nominations must be submitted in Good Done Great (GDG) by Friday, May 6, 2016, 11:59PM (EST).
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must create an account on GDG to submit an award nomination. There is no cost for this. To do so, visit http://bit.ly/1qql4kN. Please be advised that upon visiting the application portal link, you will see “Guide to Grants”. Select “Sign Up Today” and proceed to the Mayor’s Arts Award nomination application. Create a log in account and complete the nomination application.
For full details on the application process, please click here.