Deadline: Friday, February 24 at 4pm
The Mayor’s Arts Awards are the most prestigious honors conferred by the District on individual artists, teachers nonprofit organizations. The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH) will present the 32nd Annual Mayor’s Arts Awards at the Historic Lincoln Theatre in September 2017.
Nominations for individuals and organizations are being accepted for awards in the following categories:
- Excellence in Visual Arts
- Excellence in Performing Arts
- Excellence in Arts Education
- Excellence in Creative Industries
- Excellence in the Humanities
- The Larry Neal Writers’ Award for Adults and Youth
- The awards are limited to individuals who reside and nonprofit organizations that have administrative offices in the District of Columbia.
- Individuals and nonprofit organizations may self-nominate or be nominated for an award.
- Individuals and nonprofit organizations may be nominated in multiple award categories where appropriate.
- Separate applications are required for each nomination category.
- Individuals and nonprofit organizations cannot be nominated in a category that they have been awarded in for a period of at least 2 years.
Only online applications will be accepted and must be submitted no later than Friday, February, 24, 2017, 4:00 PM (EST).
HOW TO NOMINATE
Those making nominations (herein “applicant/s OR application”) are required to create an account through the website Good Done Great (GDG) in order to submit a nomination for an award. There is no cost for this. The website link may be accessed via http://bit.ly/MAA32nd. Please be advised that upon visiting the application portal link, applicants will encounter “Guide to Grants” page Select “Sign Up Today” link and proceed to the Mayor’s Arts Award nomination application. New users will be required to create a log in account. Complete the nomination application by the deadline. To nominate, visit: http://bit.ly/MAA32nd.
Finalists will be announced on or by July 14, 2017. Winners will be announced during the awards presentation in September 2017 (date TBD).
For complete details please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/MAA32nd