Deadline: Friday, August 12
This call for visual art is in response to the mass shooting that took the lives of 49 people at the Pulse Night Club, a gay bar in Orlando Florida, in the early morning hours of June 12, 2016. This tragedy is multi-layered and as such, this call is open to your interpretation of the title and theme. All artists are encouraged to enter work.
The 39th Street Gallery is located in Brentwood Maryland, a quarter mile from the Washington DC Line, in the heart of the Gateway Arts District. The Gateway Arts District strives to be a diverse community that is inclusive to all.
Please submit up to 3 pieces (both 2-D and 3-D works will be considered).
- All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG format, ideally 4″ x 6″image size
- Any selected work MUST BE READY to Hang, Any pieces selected that arrives not ready to hang will be returned to artist upon delivery
- Work should not exceed 60″ in any one dimension.
- Number and Label all images with the artist’s last name and title in the JPEG file (Example: 01_Jones_Untitled.jpeg
- Include a corresponding image list with JPEG file name, artwork title, medium, year, size, and price.
All work needs to be hand delivered or shipped at the artists expense including prepaid return shipping.
The gallery will not take any commission on sales from this exhibition.
EXHIBITION SCHEDULE – Important Dates:
- September 10 – October 22, 2016 — exhibition dates
- August 12– deadline to apply
- August 19 — notifications of acceptance
- August 20-27– shipped artwork to arrive at the gallery
- August 27, from 12-3PM — hand delivered artwork to arrive at the gallery (or by
- September 10, 5 pm – 8 pm — opening reception
- October 22 — last day of the show
- October 23- 27- artwork pick up and shipping (pick up at gallery by appointment)
- John Paradiso, Artist, Curator of Programs, 39th Street Gallery
- Margaret Boozer, Artist, Founder of Red Dirt Studio
- Tom Hill, Artist, Senior Advisor, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
For more information please write or call John Paradiso, 202-487-8458. Email: [email protected]