Submission Deadline: Friday, May 30 at 5pm
The Off-Rhode Gallery is an auxiliary art space dedicated to local, emerging, and self-taught artists. Exhibits, panels, discussions and more happen in this small scale and intimate environment.
Open to: Artists living or working in Ward 5 in Washington, DC.
To be considered:
Please submit electronically, photos of up to 10 pieces (both 2-d works and 3-d works will be considered) to [email protected] Submissions may also be shared using Dropbox by 6pm Friday, May 30, 2014 5pm.
- Work should be made within the last 5 years by an artist who lives or works in Ward 5 in Washington, DC.
- All work submitted must be available and for sale.
- All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered.
- Work should not exceed 72” in any one dimension.
- Any selected work MUST BE READY TO HANG. Any pieces selected by (curator/jury) that arrive not ready to hang will be returned to the artist upon delivery. Only pieces selected by the gallery that have been submitted by the artist will be shown. All other pieces will be returned to the artist immediately or stored until the artist is able to pick up.
- Images should be submitted in the JPEG format, ideally a 4”x6” image size.
- Please label all images with the artists last name in the JPEG file (Example: Baldwin01.Jpeg)
- Please create a list of images (either in an email or a word document) to correspond with the .jpegs that includes price, size and materials used
Example: Baldwin01 Dogs Playing Poker 15”x15” color pencil $15
- May 30- Images due by 5pm to [email protected]
- On or before June 6- Notification to artists regarding accepted work
- June 27- All selected artwork to be received in person at gallery located at 2204 Rhode Island Avenue NE Washington, DC 20018 by 4pm
- July 12- Show opens with artist reception 1-4pm
- August 4- Show closes
- August 15- Deadline for all unsold artwork to be picked up by artists
For any artwork sold at Off-Rhode Gallery, Artists will receive 70% of the sale. The remaining 30% will go to Art Enables. All checks will be mailed to artist, unless other arrangements have been made, within 30 days of the close of the show.