The Brentwood Arts Exchange is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about the arts for a part time position as a Gallery Assistant. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing customer service in person and over the phone including retail sales and class registrations.
- Assisting with installation of art exhibitions, including basic wall patching and painting, basic art handling and packaging.
- Routine office duties such as, copying, filing, data entry, and record keeping
- Hosting at special events.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the facility, set up and clean for classes and events.
This is an entry-level position with no experience required. The position holder must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs. and be available to work evenings and weekends. The successful candidate will be outgoing and self-motivated to learn about gallery operations through hands-on work performing the duties above. Positive qualities in consideration for this position include the ability to communicate in Spanish, experience working in a retail environment, knowledge of craft media and techniques, and familiarity with the safe handling of art objects.
Email a resume and a brief cover letter to Phil Davis, Director [email protected] Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.