Call for Entry Deadline July 30
The Center for Green Urbanism will host a second annual art show for SCRAP-DC this September.
Fallout Shelter: A Refuge for DC’s Scrap will run from September 4- 29, 2012 with an opening reception Friday evening, September 7, beginning at 6:30.
SCRAP DC is looking for artwork that would turn The Center for Green Urbanism into a “shelter” for a different kind of fallout: the city’s “debris” in any of its forms. Pieces will be selected based on how well the work fits the theme, with jurors paying attention to innovative uses of repurposed materials made into particularly high-quality art. More complete details at this link.
Exhibition Location: Center for Green Urbanism – Tubman-Mahan Gallery 3938 Benning Road NE
- Apply online by Monday 7/30
- Artists notified week of 8/13
- Drop off work Saturday 8/25, 11am-2pm [backup: Sun. 8/26]
- Show 9/4-9/29
- Opening reception Fri. 9/7, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Pick up work Sunday 9/30, 11am-2pm
$20 for up to 3 entries.
Artists who live or work in DC, Maryland, or Virginia are invited to submit .jpg or .tif files (no larger than 8MB each) of their artwork for this juried show. Fine art and fine crafts are acceptable, provided they consist of at least 75% reclaimed material.
- have been created by the artist/s named on the application
- contain no copyrighted material or prints belonging to another party
- have not appeared before in a DC-area exhibition
- have no overt sexual, violent, or religious content
All of the work accepted into the show will be promoted on one or more of the websites affiliated with the hosting organizations. In addition, the items will be mentioned and possibly shown in a program that will be created for the show. The program will be made available in print and for electronic download.
In conjunction with the exhibition, SCRAP-DC and The Center for Green Urbanism-Tubman-Mahan Gallery will also hold a collection drive, at least one hands-on workshop, and an art materials swap. Stay tuned for more information here on East City Art.