Deadline: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 by 5pm EST
Bromo Tower Arts & Entertainment, Inc. (BTAE) and Maryland Art Place (MAP) announce a call to Maryland-based artists and designers for the creative redesign of 11 electrical boxes along Howard Street stretching from Lombard to Centre Street. Transforming these underutilized boxes will visually enhance the Bromo Arts District’s physical environment through engaging public art and will encourage visitors, employees, residents and more to explore the District’s many cultural offerings. Boxes are located along the light rail path and benefit from significant public transit, pedestrian and auto traffic.
Each selected artist/team will receive a $450 stipend to cover the cost of materials and labor. Installation is scheduled to take place between December 4-12, 2015. There will be an opening reception in December.
- Selections will be made by MAP’s Program Advisory Committee (more info at mdartplace.org).
- Artists will be notified if and when they have been selected.
- Artists must live in or have permanent office or studio space in Maryland
- Artists must be 18 or older
- Application Deadline: November 4, 2015 by 5:00pm EST
- Announce selected artists/artist teams: by November 16, 2015
- Installation: December 4-12, 2015
- Opening Reception: TBD (early to mid-December)
Please send your completed application and materials to [email protected] by 5:00pm EST on November 4, 2015.
Bromo Arts District Map: In the application process, artists will be asked to note top 3 selections. Location preference will be honored in cases where artist has established relationships with nearby cultural venues.
For more information visit mdartplace.org.