Deadline: Monday, January 30 at 4pm EST
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) invites curators residing in the District of Columbia to propose an exhibition concept to present in the CAH Gallery located at 200 I (Eye) Street SE. This new initiative seeks to support local curators in the development of innovative exhibition proposals that have robust educational, cultural, and/or conceptual components.
Proposed Exhibition Dates: Exhibition may occur any time between April 3 and June 1, 2017.
Eligibility: Individual curators or lead curators of a curatorial team must demonstrate District residency of at least one year at the time of the application deadline. Proposals for solo, duo or group exhibitions are acceptable. Curators must be over the age of 18.
Budget: Curator(s) will be awarded a grant of $15,000 to execute the selected project.
Grant Application Procedure:
To get started, go to the Apply for Grants page and select the Grant Application Portal in order to register. For new applicants, select “Sign Up Today”. For applicants with an existing account, select “Sign In”. In the event of forgotten login information, the password can be reset by selecting “Forgot your password?”
Once fully registered, applicants must select District Arts & Humanities Initiative (Individuals) to complete application questions and upload all required documents, supplementary material, and work samples.
- January 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm EST: Deadline for Submissions
- April 3, 2017: Earliest available date for delivery of artwork to CAH Gallery
- April 3 – 6, 2017: Earliest available date range for the installation of exhibition
- April 7, 2017: Earliest available date to hold an opening reception
- TBD (include proposed dates in application): Public Programming
- June 1, 2017: Latest possible date for Show Close & De-Installation