Submissions must be received before December 12.
Elevation DC, a weekly online magazine celebrating what’s next for the city, is looking for DC-based artists who want their work to reach an audience of passionate DC residents interested in what’s next in the city’s growth. They are holding a contest for their next masthead.
Here’s what they are looking for:
- Art in any medium–painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture, will be considered.
Though they are called Elevation DC, your work doesn’t have to depict DC. Artists who paint,draw,etc in a representative style are welcome. They do not want to see monuments and cherry blossoms. Show them a side of DC that hasn’t been seen before–or wow them with your non-representative works.
Need inspiration? Take a look at the mastheads previously published on http://elevationdcmedia.com.
- Image published once in their weekly newsletter (Newsletter will also include your work’s title, your name, and a link to your webpage)
- Image published on their homepage. It will be the “lead image” for one week, and then remain in rotation for a month more (Will include your work’s title, your name, and a link to your webpage)
- Image published for one week on their Facebook page as a header image
- A Facebook post will include your work’s title, your name, and a link to your webpage
- Your bio published on their homepage for the week that the image is the “lead image”
How to enter:
Send the following to [email protected]:
- A digital file of your work, cropped to 980×350 pixels
- Your full name, email address, and website
- Your 1-paragraph bio
Submissions must be received before December 12 to be considered. Winners will be notified by January 6, 2015.
Need help understanding how your work will be used and how they will credit you? Check out this image.