Deadline: Wednesday, February 15
Calling all visual artists ··painters, sketch, photographers, etc.··and performance artists ··poets and dancers ·· for the art exhibition: A LUTA CONTINUA.
As calls for independence echoed throughout the continent of Africa, activists would proclaim from the streets, “A LUTA CONTINUA!” meaning “The struggle continues.”
A LUTA CONTINUA is a culminating Master’s thesis by Zinhle Essamuah that highlights the complexities of human struggles across the globe, through performance and visual art. The exhibition exists in five segments, reflecting the stages of life.
Between now and Wednesday, February 15, 2017, they are seeking art addressing the following themes. Art can be individual or part of a series:
- BLOOM: Visual art that depicts new life, new opportunity, and great joy.
- GROWING PAINS: Visual and performance art that depicts the realities of depression, suicide and bullying.
- RESISTANCE: Photography capturing images of resistance in the form of protest, or otherwise.
- TRUTH: We are seeing honest and powerful poems. Through this poetry, we hope to highlight the power of speaking your truth, and the dangers of hiding it.
- REFLECTION/REDEMPTION: Photography with images from around the world, that reflect strength, community and diversity.
Any questions? Please contact [email protected] and [email protected] This is a labor-of love, non-commercial, not-for-profit, undertaking. Artists are asked to submit content, gratis. All artists will retain all the digital copyrights of their images.