Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:59pm
Join a thriving community of professional artists in the Montpelier Resident Artist Program.These artists work in a diverse variety of media and styles, maintain studio hours for the public to visit, and participate in community events. These artists are selected by an annual jury panel and exhibit their work in the Montpelier Arts Center’s Resident Artist Gallery on a revolving basis. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Arts Center, located on the beautiful grounds of Montpelier Mansion in Laurel, MD.
Individual studio spaces at Montpelier Arts Center are located on the first floor and the second floor. The printmaking studio is a shared workspace on the first floor. Studios vary in size and are rented to qualified artists.
To be considered, artists must be at least 18 years old, and reside in Maryland. Residents of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties will take precedence over others. Resident artists may share studio space at Montpelier Arts Center. However, each prospective resident artist must submit an individual submission for review by the juror.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
- All entries must be submitted online at montpelierartscenter.submittable.com by Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- Current résumé, artist statement, and biography for each artist looking to rent.
- Letter of intent stating reasons for applying, what you hope to accomplish through/during residency, how studio space will be used, and any special projects you propose with Montpelier Arts Center.
- A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 digital images that best exemplify your portfolio/proposal, with the titles, dates, and dimensions of each work. Images must be in JPEG format at a minimum 300 dpi.
- Three professional references, their relation to you, and their contact information.
Each selected artist will be granted a lease for rental space at Montpelier Arts Center. Montpelier resident artists may hold solo exhibitions in the Resident Artist Gallery on a revolving basis.
Submission Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017, 11:59 pm
Notification of Results: Week of May 8, 2017
New Leases Begin at Montpelier Arts Center: Friday, July 1, 2017
For more information, please call 301-377-7800; TTY 301-699-2544, send an email to [email protected], or visit https://montpelierartscenter.submittable.com/submit/78570/annual-studio-jury-competition-2017.