Deadline: Friday, February 5, 2016
The Off-Rhode Studio at Art Enables is opening its walls and inviting artists in the Washington, Virginia, Maryland area to participate in Altered States, a show featuring art created by pushing the boundaries of traditional mediums. Some examples might be sculptures made from books, found item assemblages, embroidered canvases, textile portraits. Altered States is for the artist who is finding new methods and messages in the non-traditional use of materials.
Off-Rhode is a gallery for self-taught and outsider artists however, this call is open to all artists working in all mediums and preference will be given to self-taught and outsider artists.
All 2-D and 3-D work will be considered but must be ready or hang or display upon receipt of the gallery. Any work deemed unfit to display will not be shown. Work should not exceed 60” in any one direction or weigh more than 50 Lbs.
There is no entry fee, however Art Enables will take a 40% commission for each sale from the show.
- Electronic submissions due by February 5, 2016. Image label sheet should be listed with file name- title-medium-size-price
- Warhol.01.jpg, Soup Cans, Silkscreen on paper, 24×26” $5,000
- Warhol.02.jpg, Liz Taylor, Silkscreen on paper, 24×26” $5,000
- The jury will review images (February 8-10)
- Artist notification of selection: No later than COB February 10, 2016
- All selected art MUST BE delivered to studio no later than March 2, 2016.
The gallery is located at 2204 Rhode Island Ave NE Washington, DC 20018.
Artists will incur any and all costs associated with delivering art work to gallery.
Altered States opens Saturday, March 13, 2016 with an artist reception from 1-4pm and closes Friday April 15, 2016.
All unsold art should be picked up between Monday April 18- April 29, 2016. All unsold work left at Art Enables and the Off-Rhode Studio after May 30 will be disposed of at the discretion of the gallery.