Submission Deadline: Friday, February 13 at 5pm
This is a group show built loosely around the theme of recreation. Artists may interpret this theme in any way they would like – whether it be in reference to spring and rebirth, reuse of materials in a new way, an internal process of renewal, etc.
- Artists may submit up to two pieces of any medium. They encourage 3-D submissions, including small-scale design/furniture pieces.
- Work will be selected on a first come, first served basis. ReCreative Spaces will curate the show and reserves the right to hang/display work so that it best fits the overall vision of the exhibit.
- Artwork must be dropped off February 28 or March 1 between 12pm-5pm.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up on April 1 between 12pm-8pm.
- Artists may choose to sell work. ReCreative Spaces will handle all sales and retain a 20% commission on all sold pieces.
Please submit a brief statement about your submissions, plus any relevant photos or website links. All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] Artists will be notified by Monday, February 16.
Please note, ReCreative Spaces is a non-traditional gallery experience. They occupy an unleased commercial property owned by The Menkiti Group, their pARTner in art, on a temporary basis. As such, our ‘walls’ are made of muslin, our floors are raw, and our lighting is less than standard. We think our space is conducive to beautiful art experiences. But we encourage you to visit if you have reservations prior to submitting.
- Thursday-Friday: 4-8pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 12-5pm
- or email [email protected] to schedule a time.
ReCreative Spaces is located at 1613 Rhode Island Ave NE. For more information, please visit www.recreativespaces.com.