Submission Deadline: Friday, September 18 at 5pm
ReCreative Spaces has partnered with Rhode Island Avenue Main Street, Cultural Tourism DC, and Keller Williams Capital Properties, to support and manage the below artist call this month.
Keller Williams Capital Properties Silent Auction + Grand Opening Event
ReCreative Spaces is now accepting submissions for a gallery show and silent auction as part of the Keller Williams Capital Properties (KWCP) Grand Opening and introduction of the CPMG Foundation. The overarching theme of the event is a sense of neighborhood, community, and partnership. This may or may not translate into the work submitted – they leave that up to each artist to determine.
This silent auction offers a unique opportunity for established artists and student artists from Jesse White’s 5th grade art class @ John Burroughs Elementary School to showcase work in a joint show. Proceeds from the silent auction will benefit the artists, will help to restore some of the art materials budget that was cut at John Burroughs Elementary School, and will also directly help fund the CPMG Foundation for future grant opportunities.
Instead of asking for a standard donation for auction items, artists will be paid 50% of the sale of their work, with the remaining 50% going directly to CPMG Foundation. In addition, KWCP has partnered with John Burroughs Elementary School in order to help raise funds to offset a budget cut for arts materials in all of their art classes. Sales of any student artwork will also be split 50/50 between the art department and CPMG Foundation.
- Grand Opening Event + Silent Auction
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
519 C St NE, Washington, DC, 20002
6-9pm (silent auction will close at 8:30pm)
- Artists may submit one piece of any medium for consideration. Artwork must be hang-ready
- Artists are encouraged to attend the Grand Opening and Silent Auction!
- ReCreative Spaces will handle all auction sales
- Sales from the auction will be split evenly (50/50) between the artist and CPMG Foundation
- Artists may set their own minimum bid price however, $75-100 starting bids are recommended
- Artwork must be dropped off September 27 between 2-4pm*
- Unsold artwork must be picked up September 30 or October 1 between 10am-6pm*
*Other arrangements for drop off or pick up must be made in advance.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 18, 5pm
- Please submit a photo of your work along with title, medium, dimensions, plus any other relevant photos or website links.
- All submissions should be emailed to [email protected]
- Artists will be notified by Friday, September 18.
For more information, please visit www.recreativespaces.com.