Deadline: Monday, May 18 at 5pm
Join a thriving community of professional artists in the Montpelier Resident Artist Program. These artists work in a diverse variety of media and styles, maintain studio hours for the public to visit, and participate in community events.
Artists are selected by a jury panel and exhibit their work in the Montpelier Arts Center’s Resident Artist Gallery on a rotating basis.
To be eligible, artists must be at least 18 years old and reside in Maryland. Residents of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties will take precedence over those residing in other jurisdictions.
- Completed application form (DOWNLOAD here)
- CD containing digital JPEG images of 10-20 pieces that exemplify your body of work (include titles, dates, dimensions of art pieces). Images a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Current resume, artist statement, and biography for each artist who applies
- Letter of intent stating reasons for applying, goals during residency, how studio space will be used, and any special projects you would propose with Montpelier Arts Center
- Three professional references (include their relation to you and appropriate contact information)
Entries must be submitted by Monday, May 18, 2015 at 5 pm to:
Montpelier Arts Center
9652 Muirkirk Road
Laurel, MD 20708
Artists who want their submissions returned must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their application. Montpelier Arts Center will not be responsible for retaining entries without return packaging beyond the date of the jury process.