Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Arts on a Roll is a program of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division in Prince George’s County, Maryland. Arts on a Roll is a mobile, on demand arts service that can be booked for events or recurring workshops. Examples of events and programs include: festivals, community days, family gatherings, church events, birthday parties, after school programs, etc. The goal of this program is to partner with artists and educators to provide engaging and affordable arts services to the local community. Arts on a Roll travels to various locations to facilitate the workshops. The Arts on a Roll vehicle is located at the main office in Greenbelt, MD. Find out more about our programming at www.arts.pgparks.com or facebook.com/artspgparks.
Arts on a Roll is searching for teaching artists to lead specialized workshops in their area of expertise. We are seeking artist educators in theatre, performance, digital media (videographers, photographers, computer animators, audio technicians, etc.) dancers/choreographers, musicians/vocalists, visual artists (painters, sculptors, photographers, etc.), and creative writers/poets. Arts on a Roll is in immediate need of visual artists and musicians/vocalists, teaching artists who are available on weekdays, and teaching artists who have experience working with people with disabilities
- 1 year of experience teaching in your artistic field
- The ability/willingness to work with diverse groups of people from young children to older adults
- The ability to maintain composure and effectively adapt to a variety of situations
- Experience in customer service and the ability to be a liaison to the community
- A valid driver’s license and the willingness to drive to various destinations in Prince George’s County and the surrounding DC Region
This is an ongoing call for teaching artists. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. For more information visit Arts.PGParks.com. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]