Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2017
No application fee is required. For full application details, click here.
What is a Touchstone Foundation Emerging Artists Fellow?
The Fellowship provides a two-year membership in Touchstone Gallery in downtown DC. This guarantees a solo exhibition as well as participation gallery group shows, mentorship and a presence on the gallery website, The monetary value of the fellowship exceeds $4,500.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
TFA encourages all interested artists in the Washington DC metro area who have not been represented by a commercial gallery in the last 10 years to apply for this two-year Fellowship.
What to submit:
- A cover letter indicating why you believe you would benefit from the TFA Emerging Artists Fellowship.
- A completed Applicant Information Form: Application – PDF file
- A resume/CV including contact information for two references.
- 7-10 images of your art work created in the last two years. Image specifics: JPEG format, 100dpi, 2000 pixels max. in either direction. If your work is time-based, submit 3-5 videos of no longer than 5 minutes each. Additional still images may be submitted. However, the total number of works may not exceed 10.
- A list of images submitted, including title, media, dimensions and year executed.
- An artist statement that pertains to the images submitted and your artistic direction. Completed applications must be emailed to [email protected] or submitted via Dropbox using this link https://www.dropbox.com/request/KAK40fu0iQyemDgnpwLw
Applications will be reviewed by the Touchstone Foundation for the Arts Board of Directors in April, 2017. A small group of finalists will be asked to submit actual artwork and to be interviewed. In May 2017, one or more
applicants will be awarded a Touchstone Foundation Fellowship for 2017-2019, to begin in July 2017.
For questions about the TFA Artists Fellowship, feel free to email [email protected] or call Ksenia Grishkova, the TFA Director, at 202-347-2787