Entries are due by January 21st by 11:59pm for jurying.
On Friday, March 6th, 2015 Washington ArtWorks will open Aviary, a juried gallery exhibition in the Urban by Nature gallery to showcase the splendor and versatility of birds. Photography, painting, mixed media and more will be considered for this exhibition. Aviary will be juried by Washington Post’s Science Graphics Editor and artist, Patterson Clark. At The Washington Post, Clark specializes in visually reporting science and natural history topics. He also harvests District of Columbia’s exotic invasive plants, from which he derives inks, paper, printing blocks, lumber, fuel, chemicals, medicine and food.
- You may submit up to four jpeg images for one $25 fee. Each additional image will be $5. All entries must be submitted electronically in JPG format only. Email your images along with the completed form below to: [email protected] with the name of the show and your last name in the email subject line. Payment via Paypal online or by credit card – 301 -654-1998.
- Images should be sized no larger than 11”x14” at 72dpi, and less than 1 megabite in disk space size. Image file names must include artist’s last name and title of the piece in the following format: daVinci_MonaLisa.jpg
Accepted artists will be notified via email by January 26th, and work must be delivered by 4pm on February 27th.
All accepted work must be properly matted, framed, and wired for hanging – gallery wrapped canvases will also be accepted with clean neat edges. As with any juried exhibition the jury may select any, one, all, or none of your entered images. The decision of the jury is final. Washington ArtWorks will charge a 30% commission on all gallery sales. Please note whether the works are for sale, and the retail price for each.
- Deadline for Submissions and Payment: January 21st by 11:59pm
- Notification of Accepted Work: January 26th
- Delivery of Artwork to WAW: Delivered by 4pm February 27th
- Pick-up After Exhibit: Between 10am and 4pm on March 27th