DCartistexchange (DCax) is a collaborative project developed by several DC-based arts and cultural organizations. DCax is a series of events and tools designed to explore new ways to build community. The kick-off series includes five panel discussions around the broad topic of artist space in the city, four in-person creative networking events called Swap Meets, and a website (dcartistexchange.org) meant to engage members through a virtual community space.
The DCax Panel Series focuses on the broad topic of artist space in the Washington, DC area.
This Saturday, August 17, there will be a Panel Discussion that focuses on artist studio incubators. These spaces are created by and for artists as places to work and create. Presenters will discuss the development and operations of these spaces.
The general public is invited to the following:
- 10:30am-11:30am – Panel discussion
- 11:30am-12:30pm – Walking tour (lunch included) to review, discuss and experience Dance Place, Brookland Artists Lofts, and after, we will head over to the Monroe Street Market to see the 27 artists studios and their two event spaces. Then back to the space for more panel conversation and ending at 2pm.
- Mike Abrams, Union Arts
- Travis Bowerman, CulturalDC, Flashpoint
- Kristina Bilonick, Pleasant Plains Workshop
- Michael Janis, Washington Glass School
- Lisa Neher, Jackson School
- Paul So , Hamiltonian Artists
Click HERE to get all event details.
All DCax Events will take place at The Menkiti Group offices located at:
3407 8th Street NE
Washington, DC 20017
All events are free and open to the public.
DCartistexchange is collaborative project brought to you by Artomatic & partners ReSourceArts, Hamiltonian Artists, Dance Place (Art on 8th), Menkiti Group, CulturalDC, and Nurish. Funded in part by the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, an agency supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.
The Artomatic Workshops are supported in part by Art on 8th, a project of Dance Place supported by the National Endowment for the Arts “Our Town” Program in partnership with the DC commission on the Arts and Humanities. Art on 8th is a collaborative project between Dance Place, CulturalDC and Abdo Development/The Bozzuto Group/Monroe Street Market.