Screening Films from the Middle East
All screenings begin at 6:30 pm
All are free and open to the public, and will be followed by a discussion with filmmakers and scholars.
Thursday, February 18
(Cultural Representations of Conflict in Palestine and Iraq)
- A Candle for the Shabandar Café (23 min)
- Directed by Emad Ali at the Independent Film and Television College of Baghdad (2007) screened with thanks to Maysoon Pachachi.
- My Neighborhood (26 min)
- Directed by Julia Bacha and Rebekah Wingert-Jabi (2013)
Thursday, February 25
(Depictions of women and the city of Beirut)
- Caramel (95 min)
- Directed by Nadine Labaki (2007)
Thursday, March 3
(Egypt on the Verge of Revolution)
- Garbage Dreams (79 min)
- Directed by Mai Iskander (2009)
Tuesday, March 8
(Reconciliation in Al-Mutanabbi Street)
- Forgive but Never Forget
- An independent film presented courtesy of Amal Al-Jubouri.
Thursday, March 10
(Depictions of Bedouin culture)
- Theeb (100 min)
- Directed by Naji Abu Nowar (2014)
Brentwood Arts Exchange is the main gallery at the Gateway Arts Center located at 3901 Rhode Island Ave, Brentwood, MD. For more information call 301-277-2386or visit arts.pgparks.com.