Open on Weekends, Now – October 8, 2017; Saturdays, 12pm to 8pm and Sundays, 12pm to 6pm
Grab a putter at the Penn Hill Mini Golf Popup. Every weekend through Columbus Day is an occasion to visit the artist-designed nine-hole course in southeast DC. After the game, players can vote on their favorite design, play their favorite lawn games, designed by Cory Oberndorfer, and grab a bite from local food trucks.
Produced by Building Creative and co-curated by Karyn Miller and Patrick McDonough, the unique site is part art exhibit, part interactive entertainment. Built for the community, each hole is individually designed and built by local artists, taking an unconventional approach combining contemporary installation with leisurely recreation.
Featured designers include:
- Nehemiah Dixon III – President/CEO of Nonstop Art LLC + member of Red Dirt Studio
- Andrew Wodzianski + Jared Davis, aka the Holiday Starkillers, collaborating with Anacostia Arts Center
- Calder Brannock – Creator/Curator of Camper Contemporary, an innovative mobile gallery
- Lyric Prince – Artist specializing in social justice, visual patterns in the Afrofuturist theme, and the therapeutic applications of art
- And other artists living and working in the Penn Branch community—s full list of designers can be found here
$3 per person or $10 for a group of 4 (free passes also available through surrounding civic associations).
Additional information, including artist bios is available at Additional information, including artist bios is available at https://www.shopsatpennhill.com/golf.
The Shops at Penn Hill are located at 3200 Pennsylvania Ave. SE at the corner of Pennsylvania and Branch Avenues SE.