Festival Finale: Saturday June 10 from 6:30 -11pm
Honfleur Gallery (6:30pm – 7:30pm)
Award Presentation at 7pm
East of the River Distinguished Artist Award Ceremony with Luis Peralta- read more about the award here.
Current Exhibitions by BK Adams & Stephen Cummings
Anacostia Arts Center(7:30pm – 11pm)
Los Verracos Pop-up Restaurant
On the Menu:
- Jerk Chicken
- Jerk Tofu
- Mint Limeade
- Alfajores (cookies)
Free chair massages from the advanced students at Potomac Massage Training Institute.
Musical Performances by:
- 7:30pm Afro Funk All Stars (Afro-Cuban Funk and Jazz)
- 9pm Ras Lidj and Deep Band (Reggae and Go-Go fusion)
- 10pm Glitterlust (Queer Disco-Punk with light shows, wild costumes and interactive performances)
Exhibits at the Anacostia Arts Center include:
- Elsabé Dixon’s interactive Wings, Weaving, and Worms– Read Eric Hope’s article on the exhibit here.
- Paintings by international Cuban-born artist Gustavo Diaz Sosa
- Film. Still: Ward 8 Students Abroad curated by BRAY Creative and Nomenclature
- The Anacostia Art Gallery and Boutique featuring art from the African Diaspora
- Neon light artist Craig Kraft site specific installation
In between the music, performers Strange Powers and Ben Drexler will be hooping and spinning LED elements to light up the black box theater. After dark, dancers Eleni Grove and Matina Phillips electrify the Lounge with lighted human tableaux.