Thank you for considering East City Art. If you’d like something posted, please return the favor by reading all of the guidelines below before submitting your request.
We publish a print quarterly (March, June, September & December) with a circulation of 42K copies. We also publish articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts round-up column and an e-newsletter.
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS
We give preference to the following geographic areas:
- Capitol Hill-Hill East
- The H Street Corridor
- Mid City (east of 14th Street NW, south of McMillan reservoir, north of mass ave NW; this includes the 14th Street corridor, Shaw, Logan and a sliver of downtown)
- East of the River (Wards 7 & 8 )
- Trinidad-Rosedale-Kingman Park
- The Gateway Arts District (Brentwood, North Brentwood, Mount Rainier & Hyattsville, MD)
- Prince George’s County
Senior staff members decide what to profile out-of-area on a case-by-case basis. Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events unless they have (you guessed it!) a strong visual arts component.
NOTE: Postings are maintained as a courtesy to the requester. East City Art Media LLC is under no obligation to post any art opening, class or other event.
* N E W *
Policy on Ticketed Events
Note—we will NOT publish information about a ticketed event which costs over $10 unless it is accompanied by ad buy or a media partnership with East City Art. If a prior arrangement is made, the post will then be listed as *SPONSORED* both online and in our newsletter (if applicable). Contact editor [at] eastcityart.com for more information.
However, we will continue to publish information on workshops and classes from organizations who offer tuition assistance, scholarships or low-cost programs.
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- That your event or topic take place in or relate somehow to our coverage area (see above)
- A press release formatted in Word or Text format
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information). Photos for online publication should be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Be sent in a timely manner (see below)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
If your event does not fit our profile, consider using our low-rate online and newsletter advertising rates. For ad rates and demographic information CLICK HERE
T I M I N G
We request that you give us at least two weeks notice for your event. Requests received after close of business of the Tuesday that the event occurs cannot be published. Our Newsletter goes out Thursday morning. The Round-Up gets sent out Wednesday mornings to our partner publications and is published on Thursday morning.