Thank you for considering East City Art. If you’d like something posted, please return the favor by reading all of the guidelines below before submitting your request.
We publish a print quarterly (December, March, June & September) with a circulation of 42K copies. We also publish articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts round-up column and an e-newsletter. Our print editions are themed as follows:
- December—Best of the year edition
- March—Spring Art Guide
- June—Art Summer Travel Guide
- September—Fall Art Guide
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS
Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events unless they have (you guessed it!) a strong visual arts component.
NOTE: Postings are maintained as a courtesy to the requester. East City Art Media LLC is under no obligation to post any art opening, class or other event.
Policy on Ticketed Events
Note—we will NOT publish information about a ticketed event, class or workshop which costs over $10 unless it is accompanied by an ad buy or a media partnership with East City Art. Contact editor [at] eastcityart.com for more information.
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- A press release formatted in Word or Text format
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information). Photos for online publication should be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Be sent in a timely manner (see below)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
We request that you give us at least two weeks notice for your event. Requests received after close of business of the Tuesday that the event occurs cannot be published. .