Thank you for considering East City Art.
We publish a print quarterly (March, June, September & December) with a circulation of 42K copies. We also publish articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts round-up column and an e-newsletter.
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS in the following geographic areas:
- Capitol Hill-Hill East
- The H Street Corridor
- Mid City (east of 14th Street NW, south of McMillan reservoir, north of mass ave NW; this includes the 14th Street corridor, Shaw, Logan and a sliver of downtown)
- East of the River (Wards 7 & 8 )
- Trinidad-Rosedale-Kingman Park
- The Gateway Arts District (Brentwood, North Brentwood, Mount Rainier & Hyattsville, MD)
Occasionally, we profile an out-of-coverage-area artist, exhibition, event or public art (by this we mean rarely). Senior staff members decide what to profile out-of-area on a case-by-case basis. Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events unless they have (you guessed it!) a strong visual arts component.
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- That your event or topic take place in or relate somehow to our coverage area (see above)
- A press release formatted in Word or Text format
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information).
- Be sent in a timely manner (see below)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
If your event does not fit our profile, consider using our low-rate online and newsletter advertising rates. For a rate sheet with demographic information CLICK HERE
T I M I N G
We request that you give us at least two weeks notice for your event. Requests received after close of business of the Tuesday that the event occurs cannot be published. Our Newsletter goes out Thursday morning. The Round Up gets sent out Wednesday Mornings to our partner publications and is published on Thursday morning.