Last year, over 2,000 DC-area art purveyors lined the streets of Arts District Hyattsville to see over 50 exhibiting artists and numerous live performances, accompanied by local purveyors food & drink. Now in its fourth year, artists at the Hyattsville Arts Festival will exhibit alongside the newly opened retail town center, anchored by Busboys and Poets.
About the Festival
The Hyattsville Community Development Corporation, EYA, Pulte Homes and StreetSense are sponsoring the 4th Annual Downtown Hyattsville Arts Festival to promote the vibrant community along Route 1, just two miles from DC. Over $20,000 in promotional support is made available as part of this event.
The event committee will select at least 40 artists for participation. The booth fee is $75, which helps defray the cost of a 10’x10’ tent, 8’ table + cloth and two chairs for each exhibitor. All other promotional costs are paid for by the sponsors. Promotion includes advertising in print and online, direct mail, guerilla poster campaign, email marketing and public relations. Multiple other Arts District galleries and shops will be open onsite, for a showing of more than 100 local artisans.
The anchor site for the festival is the newly opened retail town center featuring: Busboys and Poets, Elevation Burger, Chipotle, Yogi Castle, Tara Thai, Big Bad Woof Pet Supply, and Yes! Organic Market.
- Only original artwork, photography, handmade jewelry, and handmade crafts are allowed. No commercial merchandise will be accepted, unless it is incredibly unique and environmentally friendly in nature.
- The jury will select the artists for participation from the applications received by Friday, July 22, 2011. You will be notified of your acceptance by Friday, July 29th.
- Exhibitors will receive a 10’x10’ white tent cover, 8’-foot table with cloth and two chairs. No tent sides are provided, but artists may provide their own sides in any format desired. The booth is your canvas.
- No artist may bring their own tent.
- Setup should occur between 9:15 AM – 10:30 AM. All booths should be completely setup by 10:30 AM.
- Event starts at 11 AM and entertainment will be provided throughout the day.
- Please come prepared with a helping hand in case you need to leave your booth.
- Numerous eateries are open onsite and restrooms will be available.
- Electrical power may be available with special arrangement. There is an ATM onsite.
- Tear-down will begin at 5:15 PM and all participants should be complete with tear-down by 6 PM.
For more information visit the event website at www.HyattsvilleArts.com