| OPENINGS-EVENTS |
Event: Saturday, February 26, 3pm to 5pm
Join Art Enables in celebrating their ninth birthday with live music by DJ Uncle Eric. There will be homemade birthday cake courtesy of Art Enables Production Manager Stuart Naranch’s wife Sarah and treats catered by a loyal fan of the program.
There will also be a raffle (see list of prizes below). Tickets are $1 each or 12 for $10. Order your tickets in advance or buy them at the show. You do not have to be present to win one of the prizes (full list to follow). Proceeds from the raffle will help insure that Art Enables programs are still around this coming year.
The prizes consist of:
1. Max’s chair – pictured above
2. Chef Jules – crab cake dinner for four in the winner’s home at his or her convenience. (for a sample of his thinking, click here)
3. Twenty 2 Vodka infusion gift package – All the ingredients, including a 750 ml bottle of Maine’s best boutique vodka, to make your own fabulous vodka infusion PLUS a lesson in how best to do it from expert Lisa Jewell
4. Docent-led tour of the National Museum of Women in the Arts – see more
5. Soft sculpture – from award-winning DC crafter Beth Baldwin (who also just happens to be Art Enables’ Arts Coordinator)
6. Open City gift package – use the $25 coupon to taste-test the brick oven pizza and craft beers at Woodley Park’s best coffeehouse/diner/bar and then a pound of their famous coffee with takeaway mug lets you continue the fun at home
7. Art Enables designer tee shirt – by Jermaine Williams
8. Custom leather-art dog collar – from DC leather artist and entrepreneur Jon Wye
9. Argonaut DC gift coupon – a $50 coupon makes it very very easy to enjoy the drinks, the good food and the camaraderie at this grandfather of the hip eateries in the trendy “new” H Street corridor
However, the highlight of the afternoon will be a show of all the new work by the artists whose success Art enables has made possible and will be celebrating.
Art Enables is now located at 2204 Rhode Island Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20018. Telephone 202-554-9455 or on the web at http://www.art-enables.org