Event will take place May 14 from Noon to 5 pm .
The Seventh Annual Gateway Open Studio Tour will feature 15 Venues. 70 Studios. 120 Artists. Get up close and personal with legions of local artists in their studios and see the work of this intensely creative community. A Free shuttle bus transportation is available along the Route 1 / Rhode Island Avenue corridor to help get you to all the venues on the tour or drive, walk, bike your way along this self guided tour (click on map above for more more information). Additional maps and more information available at www.gatewaycdc.org in advance of the tour or at the Gateway Arts Center on the day of the tour.
Events/Exhibits on the day of the tour:
Several sites on the tour will be holding exhibits or events which include:
• Brentwood Arts Exchange: Big Ideas an exhibition by: Sondra N. Arkin, Susan Finsen and Ellyn Weiss.
- 2:00pm – Artist Talk: Sondra N. Arkin, Susan Finsen, & Ellyn Weiss will talk about their art work and walk guests through their exhibition.
- 4:00pm – Join the Community Spirit: A dialogue with the three artists about their installation, Community Spirit, where you are invited to leave your mark.
• artDC: Reception for artDC’s Patron’s Exhibit
• Joe’s Movement Emporium: Mujeres a new exhibit by Alberto Garcia featuring striking portraits of women in the arts, culture and humanities.
• 39th Street Gallery: Opening reception following the tour from 5:30-8pm. BODY curated by Ledelle Moe.
Following the Tour is the After Party!
The Gateway Arts Center will feature an opening reception from 5:30 to 8pm for BODY curated by Ledelle Moe.
MOUNT RAINIER MD 20712
Alan Binstock Studio
4218 31st Street
Glass, steal and stone
Art Works Studio School
3711 Rhode Island Ave.
Roberto Devers, Blue Fire Studio
3700 Wells Ave.
3708 Wells Ave.
Novie Trump, Laurel Lukaszewski, Maggie Gourlay, Jessica Beels, Elena Patino
Ceramic Sculpture, Mixed Media, Installation
3311 Rhode Island Ave. (Storefront)
3702 Otis St.
Painting and drawing
Arlette Jassel Studio
3700 Wells Ave
Nan Montgomery Studio
3704 Wells Ave.
Red Dirt Studio
3706-08 Otis Street
Margaret Boozer, Barry Goldstein, Graham Boyle, Irma Alba, JJ McCracken, Sean Lundgren, Tetyana Wittkowski, Alexa Meade, Siobhan Rigg, Elle Brande, Adam Farkas, Ben Graham-Putter, Lindsay Rowinski.
Ceramics, Sculpture, Installation and Mixed Media
Martha Jackson Jarvas
3706 Otis Street (rear)
Martha Jackson Jarvis
Joe’s Movement Emporium
3309 Bunker Hill Rd.
Community Performing Art Center
Emily Greene Liddle Studio
3715 37th st.
Emily Greene Little
Sinel, Stewart, Weiss Studio
3706 Wells Ave. (Rear)
Ellen Sinel, Betsy Stewart, Ellyn Weiss
Painting and Prints (Oil, Acrylic, Encaustic)
Laura Thorne and Alec Simpson Studio
3704 Otis St. (Rear)
Laura Thorne and Alec Simpson
Sculpture, painting, monotypes and mixed media
Washington Glass Studio
3700 Otis Street.
Michael Janis, Tim Tate, Erwin Timmers, Robert Kincheloe, David Cook, Teddie Hathaway, Sean Hennessey, Gail Kelleher, Betsy McCulskey, Nancy Donnelly, Elizabeth R Mears, Jessica Beels, Chris Shea, Nancy Kronstadt, Joanna Viudez, Matthew Duffy
Glass (Kiln cast), Sculpture, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Mosaics
Washington Writer’s Retreat
3103 Bunker Hill Rd.
Writing and paper craft
BRENTWOOD MD, 20722
Gateway Arts Center, First Floor
3901 Rhode Island Ave.
Main Gallery, The Brentwood Art Exchange,
Big Ideas Exhibit
Studio 110, The Prince George’s African American Museum and Cultural Center.
Footsteps to North Brentwood Exhibit
Studio 111, Anything Photographic, Pete and Allison Duvall, Photography
Gateway Arts Center Second Floor (39th Street Entrance)
3901 Rhode Island Ave.
- Studio 205A Charles A. Sessoms, Digital Art and Video, www.charlessessoms.com
- Studio 205B, Katie Dell Kaufman, Collage & assemblage, www.katiedellkaufman.com
- Studio 205C, Tom Cardarella, Painting, www.pelicanarts.com
- Studio 205D, Linda Lee Uphoff, Mixed media
- Studio 205E, Charles Reiher, Acrylic painting, www.charlesreiher.com
- Studio 205F, Milkweed Studio, Hand Made paper, www.milkweedpaper.com
- Studio 206A, Ani Kasten, Ceramics, www.anikastenceramics.com
- Studio 206B, Joe Hicks, Ceramics, www.joehicksceramics.com
- Studio 207A, Laurie Breen, Acrylic painting, www.lauriebreen.com
- Studio 207C, David Korte, Photography, www.dkortephoto.com
39th Street Gallery & Project Space
“Body” curated by Ledelle Moe
Artists: Jenny Cullinan , Ashley Lyon, May Wilson, and Lu Zhang
Gateway Artist Studios @ EZ Storage
4301-4303 Rhode Island Ave.
- Studio C, Indigo’s Friends Studio, Textiles, www.indigosfriends.com
- Studio D, Meade Art Gallery, Original African Art
- Studio E, , Cheryl D. Edwards, Painting, www.fineartamerica.com/art/all/Cheryl+Edwards/all
- Studio F, Susan Crane, Painting
POP UP Gallery, Retail Storefront Space
Hyattsville Community Artist’s Alliance
EZ Storage Rear Studios
- Studio 100, Melissa Glasser Bruzera, Painting, www.melissabruzera.com
- Studio 101, Karen Hampton, Textiles and mixed media, www.kdhampton.com
- Studio 102, Leslie Berns, Mixed media
- Studio 105, Denise and Mark Wamaling, Photography and Collage
- Studio 108 Annie Compton, Painting, www.anniecompton.com
Blake, Forgues, & Lefchick Studios
3804 38th St.
Joanna Blake, Sculpture
Marjorie Forgues, Painting and sculpture
Joshua Lefchick, Mixed media
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20781
5710 Baltimore Ave., Various artists
DC GLASSWOKS AND SCULPTURE STUIOS
5346 46th Ave. (Edmonston)
David D’Orio, Steven Jones, Megan Van Wagoner, Joe Corcoran
A Tangled Skein (Retail)
5200 Baltimore Ave #101
Fiber Arts, Yarn Shop, Studio classes
Hyattsville Community Artist’s Alliance/ Franklin’s Brewery & Restaurant
5123 Baltimore Ave.
Roxanne Ando, Denise Brown, Eileen Cave, Jan Garland, Anroine Goho, Ruth Horlick, Monna Kauppinen, Jim Landry, Mike Lewandowski, Mary Ann Lipovsky, Dana McQuillan, Charles Reiher, Joe Rogers, Nancy Sims, Ronnie Spiewak, Norm Strike, Hillary Theis, Karen Van Allen
4814 Rhode Island Ave.
Sculpture and Paintings