Make A Silver/Copper Ring
Make a silver/copper ring and learn the basics of jewelry making. Fundamental jewelry skills such as sawing, filing, soldering and polishing will be demonstrated.
Saturday, April 20, 2013; 11am-3pm
Resident: $65; Non-Resident: $78
SMARTlink # 1121615
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
Using hands-on techniques, learn to use the namesake software of contemporary image editing. Create and build skills utilizing the computer as an art and photography tool. This is a two part introductory course.
Tuesdays, April 23 – May 14, 2013; 6:30pm-8:30pm
Resident: $50; Non-Resident: $60
Ages 13 – Adult
Spring/Summer Break Art Camps
Discover a world where your child can create fun art projects that expand their imagination, express their creativity and sharpen their learning skills. Each camp will pursue a variety of artistic media integrated with such themes as fantasy, animals, nature and adventure. Children are encouraged to bring a snack, lunch and smock.
Before and after care available.
Spring Break Art Day Camps
Each day explores a new theme, so come for one day or the whole week.
- Monday, April 1, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink #1087615
- Thursday, April 4, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink # 1087618
- Friday, April 5, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink #1087665
Fee: Resident $35; Non-Resident $42
Before/After Care Fee: Resident $3; Non-Resident ;$4
Summer Break Art Camps
New projects are offered each session, so come for two weeks or the whole summer
- June 24 – July 5, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink #1070565
- July 8 – July 19, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink #1070566
- July 22 – August 2, 9:00am – 4:30pm: SMARTlink #1070567
Fee: Resident $240; Non-Resident $290
Before/After Care Fee: Resident $25; Non-Resident $30
How to Register for Classes
- You must register and pay for classes in advance. You need to establish a SMARTlink account before you can register for classes and activities.
- Register in person at any M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation staffed facility in Prince George’s County.
- Register online at www.pgparks.com. Click on the SMARTlink icon on the right hand side of the page.
- Register by phone: call the Brentwood Arts Exchange at 301-277-2863, or call the SMARTlink Helpdesk at 301-699-2255.
- Payment by Visa and Mastercard accepted; when registering in person, cash and personal checks accepted.
Brentwood Arts Exchange – exchanging ideas through art in Gateway Arts Center 3901 Rhode Island Avenue Brentwood, MD. 301-277-2863/ tty. 301-446-6802. email: [email protected]