The Arlington Art Truck embodies Arlington Arts’ mission to revolutionize the traditional model of an arts venue. Packed with digital and traditional creative tools, the Truck is a curated mobile toolbox for artists.
From April – October, selected artists will hit the streets of Arlington to engage the public in projects designed to blur the line between participant and presenter. The Arlington Art Truck is easy to spot as it has been hand-painted by internationally-renowned artist, Stephen Powers.
The Truck launches its debut season with Bipedal Soundscapes, by area artists Emily Francisco and Alex Braden. This sound sculpture is activated by visitors pedaling a stationary bicycle and is comprised of a five-tiered turntable housing vinyl records. Don’t miss it.
Bipedal Soundscapes will be cruising the streets and ready to engage the public on the following dates*:
- Sunday, April 8, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Westover Farmer’s Market, 1644 N. McKinley Rd., Arlington, VA 22205
- Saturday, April 21, 2018, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Arlington Palooza, 901 S. George Mason Dr., Arlington, VA 22204
- Thursday, April 26, 2018, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Bikes Maker’s Balls, 1750 Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA 22202
- Saturday, May 5, 2018, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Arlington Mill Farmer’s Market, 2820 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Courthouse Plaza Park, 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201
- This activation is in partnership with Courthouse 2.0: Reimaging the Civic.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 3:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Clarendon Plaza at the Clarendon Metro, 3100 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201
- Saturday, June 2, 2018, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Make Your Mark Maker’s Fair, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Dr., Arlington VA 22206
- The Truck will be next door at New District Brewery.
*Schedule subject to cancellation due to weather, see social media for most immediate updates.
(via Arlington Cultural Affair. Courtesy of Arlington Cultural Affairs.)