ArtsFairfax announces two new directors, Deirdre Johnson and Dr. Maurice “Mo” B. Springer, to its Board of Directors.
“ArtsFairfax is pleased to welcome Deirdre and Mo to our Board of Directors,” said ArtsFairfax President & CEO, Linda S. Sullivan. “Both Deirdre and Mo bring traits and experiences to ArtsFairfax that support our mission. They join a strong and thoughtful Board whose leadership is committed to assisting our arts community at this challenging time.”
Deirdre Johnson is the Vice President and the Asset Manager of Federal Realty Investment Trust. She has worked in real estate since 1992, and with her experience, she implements innovative and strategic remerchandising and rebranding plans as well as unique paid parking solutions and marketing programs. Ms. Johnson graduated from Old Dominion University with a Bachelor of Business Administration. Ms. Johnson is excited to join ArtsFairfax and share her passion for the arts.
“There is no more personal way to touch people and enhance their lives than through art. Art inspires, uplifts, intrigues, and engages,” said Ms. Johnson. “Art promotes health, well-being, and happiness not, only its more traditional forms but also through performance, cuisine, landscape, words, fashion, and music.”
Dr. Maurice B. Springer is the President and CEO at Cardinal Insurance and Financial Inc., where he provides expertise in insurance and retirement options for his customers. He has been a member and a leader at multiple volunteer organizations. These include GAMA International, where he was a Board Member and Chair of the Content & Leadership Development committee, LIMRA, where he was the Chair of LIMRA’s Agency Building Committee, and Alzheimer’s Association at the National Capital Area Chapter. Dr. Springer has received his MA in Social Science and BA in Social Science both at Southern University and A&M College Baton Rouge as well as his Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership from the University of Phoenix.
Returning ArtsFairfax Officers to serve for the Fiscal Year 2021-2022:
· Michele “Shelly” Hazel, Chairman
· Tim Sargeant, Dominion Energy, Inc., Vice-Chairman
· Pat Macintyre, Macintyre Electronic Design Associates, Inc., Secretary
· Jennifer Owen, Senior Private Client Advisor, Treasurer
Directors for the Fiscal Year 2021:
· Jose Banzon, White64
· Suzanne H. Bissell, Bissel Philanthropy Services
· Michael P. Coogan, Leidos
· Scott Cryer, DLR Group
· Bill Dubose, Heritage Financial, LLC
· Eileen Filler-Corn, Virginia House of Delegates
· Michael Forehand, Inova Health Systems
· Leila Gordon, Reston Community Center
· F. Russel Hines, Monument Realty LLC
· Deirdre Johnson, Federal Realty Investment Trust
· Michael S. Liberman, Fairfax County Government
· Jennifer Owen, Senior Private Client Advisor
· Cathy “Smitty” Smith, Long & Foster Tysons
· Dr. Maurice B. Springer, Cardinal Insurance and Financial Inc
· d’Andre Willis, d’Andre Willis Consulting.
“ArtsFairfax thanks outgoing board members Hemanth Balasundarm, Scimores Academy, and Julie Carter, Carter Consulting Group LLC, who have been great champions for the arts in Fairfax,” said Sullivan.
ArtsFairfax is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization, incorporated in 1964, as Fairfax County’s designated local arts agency. ArtsFairfax is funded in part by Fairfax County, corporations, foundations, individuals, the Virginia Commission for the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts.