Come and meet the 2016 Hamiltonian Artist Fellows as they lead audiences through their recent bodies of work, currently on view in new. now.
Wednesday, September 28, 7 pm
Paolo Morales + Rives Wiley
- Paolo Morales is a Virginia-based documentary-style photographer from New York City. His images communicate notions of connection, isolation, affection and support that are the product of observations and intimate collaborations with his subjects.
- Rives Wiley is a Washington DC-based painter and video maker. Blending the real, surreal, and virtual, Rives humorously exposes contemporary social interactions and cultural norms as they manifest under the influence of technology.
Tuesday, October 11, 7 pm
Magali Hébert-Huot + Kyle Bauer
- Magali Hébert-Huot is a Baltimore-based artist from Québec City. Her sculptures and prints actively interrogate and highlight the idiosyncrasies and contradictions inherent in architecture, history and language.
- Kyle Bauer is a Baltimore-based sculptor. His playful body of work pairs formal considerations such as balance, tension, and control with metaphorical references to navigation and personal histories.
Wednesday, October 26, 7 pm
Aschely Cone + Rachel Guardiola
- Aschely Cone is a Maryland-based painter from San Antonio, Texas. Her current body of work investigates ideas of doubleness – entry and obstruction, patterns overlaid and intersecting and acts of veiling. Pivoting between arch/void or shield forms, her abstract works unfold as their patterned surfaces veil, collapse and expand.
- Rachel Guardiola is Baltimore-based interdisciplinary artist. With a background in natural history preservation, her practice investigates the intersection of art, science, and human curiosity to seek the unknown through lens-based technology.
Hamiltonian is located at 1353 U Street NW. For more information visit www.hamiltoniangallery.com.