Event: Thursday, October 10 from 5:30pm to 9pm
ArtTable and the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) are pleased to present State of Art5/DC: A Conversation. The program to be held at the Kogod Courtyard of the Smithsonian American Art Museum features ten speakers representing a spectrum of visual art perspectives who will offer their ideas and vision about the future of the visual arts in the greater Washington, DC area.
Presentations will be made PechaKucha style, a concise, rapid-fire visual format of up to 20 slides, 20 seconds a slide. Cocktails, light refreshments and an interactive area prior to and during intermission will enable attendees to engage with speakers and extend the conversations and ideas presented.
State of Art5/DC Presenters include
- Jennifer Anne and Allie Frazier, Co-Chairs, Emerging Arts Leaders DC
- Darryl Atwell, Purveyor of Culture, Steward of Cultural Capital
- Peter Chang and Brandon Hill, Co-Founders, No Kings Collective
- Makeba Clay, Chief Diversity Officer, The Phillips Collection
- Svetlana Legetic, Co-Founder and CEO, Brightest Young Things
- Joanna Marsh, Deputy Education Chair, Head of Interpretation and Audience Research, Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Asma Naeem, Chief Curator, Baltimore Museum of Art
- Peter Nesbett, Keep of Imaginative Futures, Washington Project for the Arts
- Jessica Stafford Davis, Founder, The Agora Culture, LLC
- Renée Stout, Multimedia Artist
The conversation will be moderated by award-winning critic and journalist Kriston Capps. Stephanie Stebich, Director of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and Jessica L. Porter, Executive Director, ArtTable, Inc. will make introductory remarks.
The program is supported in part by: DeWitt Stern Fine Art, Whiteford, Taylor and Preston, and International Arts & Artists.
The ticketed event is $35 for general admission and $12 for students with ID. To learn more and to register, visit stateofartdc.org.
Smithsonian American Art Museum, 8th and G Streets NW, Kogod Courtyard.