Event: Saturday, November 22 from 2pm to 4:30pm
Life Pieces To Masterpieces’ final Color Me Community Conversation of the year is scheduled for Saturday, November 22 from 2:00-4:30pm at Idea Public Charter School located at 45th Street NE DC – 6 minutes from Deanwood Metro station.
Join them for this highly interactive experience as they explore their unique experiences of identity. How does your identity shape the way the world sees you? How do your life experiences shape the way you see the world?
During this workshop participants will:
- Hear the stories behind some of LPTM’s powerful art pieces
- Explore and discuss what it means to be a human being through the lens of your own race, gender, cultural background and other forms of identity
- Gain insight into the diverse experiences of people from various backgrounds
- Establish a personal plan for bridging the gap of understanding in our community
- Create your #1stitch to mend shared humanity
The Color Me Community Training team has facilitated workshops for the World Bank, the Coalition of Schools Educating Boys of Color, the DC Promise Neighborhood Initiative, and a wide range of other community groups, non-profit organizations, conferences, and institutions. Our Color Me Community Conversation series has been a powerful opportunity to spread our award-winning Human Development System throughout the DC community while growing and learning alongside a diverse group of residents committed to positive change.
To learn more and sign up, click here or RSVP directly to Director of Community Outreach and Training, Tiffani Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.