Talk: Thursday, February 28 at 7pm
Please join WAS gallery on Thursday, February 28 at 7pm at WAS gallery for a panel discussion with the artist on the state of fiber art in the larger world of art. The event is planned in conjunction with our current exhibition of fiber sculptures by Erika Cleveland entitled: “There, There: Healing Dolls as Solace in an Off-Kilter World” (Jan 19 – Mar 2, 2019).
- Blair Murphy: Curator of Exhibitions at the Arlington Arts Center
- Trudi van Dyke: Independent Curator and Fine Arts Consultant
- Elena Stamberg: Artist, Thread Drawings and Sculptures
- Eileen Doughty: Artist, Fabric Art and Landscape Quilts
- Floris Flam: Artist: Art Quilter and Surface Designer
- Linda Syverson Guild: Artist, Architectural and geometrically-based art quilts
- Clara Graves: Artist, Silk Art
- Stacy Cantrell: Artist, Crochet Sculptures, Yarn-Bombs
- and Erika Cleveland, Artist in current Solo Show at WAS gallery
These are usually intimate and meaningful gatherings and are free to the public.
For inquiries on the artwork or the event, please contact Joumana Moukarim: firstname.lastname@example.org 202.361.5223.
WAS gallery is located a Westwood Center II, Suite 208, 5110 Ridgefield Rd., Bethesda, MD.