Deadline: October 31, 2019
Vivid Gallery is an exhibition space located in the lobby of the Anacostia Art Center that is dedicated to showcasing and supporting established contemporary artists as well as aspiring local talents. The foremost objective of the work at Vivid is experimentation. They encourage artists to submit proposals for installations. They are currently accepting artists’ proposals for the 2020 exhibition season. Each show will last for 5 to 6 weeks. There is approximately 740 feet of hanging space.
- January 31 thru March 13, 2020
- April 10 thru May 16, 2020
- May 29 thru July 11, 2020
- July 24 through September 5, 2020*
* The July 24 thru September 5, 2020 must include only artists that live or work east of the Anacostia River [Wards 7 and 8].
- Description of show (500 words max. /working titles are acceptable)
- Artist[s] Statement
- Resume/CV of Curator [Artist]
- Up to 10 work samples (jpeg) w/ corresponding image list. For video Mp4 no longer than 3 minutes
- Indicate time period you are requesting and if you are requesting funding and the amount
- Vivid Gallery will pay for advertising and opening night reception
Submit to: Duane Gautier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 202-365-5586. For questions or further information, either email or call.