Art Enables Open Call: LIMITATION / LIBERATION

By Editorial Team on February 12, 2019
Courtesy of Art Enables.
.
Deadline: March 31, 2019 by 11:59pm
.

Open to:
Artists living or working in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia

To be considered:
Please submit photos of up to 10 pieces (both 2-D works and 3-D works will be considered) to afrazier@art-enables.org by March 31, 2019 11:59pm. Submissions may also be shared using Dropbox.

Entry requirements:

  1. Work should be made within the last 5 years by an artist who lives or works in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia and work should consist of a limited cool palette or limited warm palette. Cool colors are defined as Red-Violet, Violet, Blue-Violet, Blue, Blue-Green, and Green. Warm colors are defined as Red, Red-Orange, Orange, Yellow-Orange, Yellow, and Yellow-Green. Including Black and/or White is at the discretion of the artist.
  2. All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered.
  3. Work should not exceed 60” in any one dimension.
  4. Any selected work MUST BE READY TO HANG. Any pieces selected that arrive not ready to hang will be returned to the artist upon delivery. 3-D work is acceptable, but the artist must provide the pedestal or display mechanism, to be discussed with the gallery director upon notification of acceptance.
  5. High res images should be submitted in the JPEG format.
  6. Please label all images with the artists last name and title in the JPEG file (Example: Smith_Title.JPEG) and include a corresponding image list, with the JPEG file name, artwork title, medium, year, size, and price.
  7. Please include an artist bio and an artist statement with your application.

Timeline:

  • March 31 – Application due by 11:59pm to afrazier@art-enables.org or via Dropbox
  • April 8 – Notification to artists regarding accepted work
  • April 29 – May 4th, 9am – 5pm – All selected artwork to be received by 5pm, May 4th
  • May 11 – Show opens with artist reception 4 – 6pm
  • July 6 Show closes
  • July 8 – 12 –  Pickup all unsold artwork; arrangements to be confirmed with gallery director

Sales: For any artwork sold, the artist will receive 60% of the sale. The remaining 40% will go to Art Enables. All checks will be mailed to the artist with the artist’s name and address from the application, unless other arrangements have been made, within 30 days of the close of the show.