Deadline: September 16, 2011
Outsider Art Inside the Beltway 2011
Works by independent artists and artists working under the auspices of cooperating organizations
Submitting work for OAIB 2011
Art Enables welcomes artwork for OAIB 2011 from
- Individual/independent artists working on their own in the community
- Artists sponsored by/working with organizations Special note to independent/individual artists: If you would like to submit art to the show but are unsure about being able to make all the arrangements on your own, please ask someone to contact Art Enables for you (202.554.9455 or email email@example.com)
- Dedicated groups/organizations working with people who may have mental or developmental disabilities, the homeless, the underserved, etc. (There is a fee of $50 for groups.)
All artwork submitted for jurying must be labeled with
- Name and address/contact information of organization submitting work (where applicable)
- Name and address of artist
- Name and address of artist’s spokesperson (where applicable)
- Title of work
Please limit number of submissions to a maximum of five (5) pieces per artist.
Artwork for the show must be framed or otherwise ready for exhibit when it is submitted to the jury. Three-dimensional works should be packaged in sufficient manner to assure their safe transport.
Artwork must be delivered to Art Enables for jurying by September 16, 2011.
Artists may submit their work to the show by mail (USPS) or parcel post (Fedex or UPS). It is advised that the work be sent well in advance to arrive before the September 16 deadline. Again, all work should be framed and ready to hang when it is submitted.
Art Enables will do its best to take good care of the work but cannot be held liable for damage to artwork in its possession.
Art Enables will take a 15% commission on all sales. The balance will be paid to individual artists by check made out to the artist. The balance for works submitted by organizations will be paid by check made out to the organization unless other arrangements have been made. All checks will be mailed within ten days of the close of the exhibit.
Unsold artwork must be picked up from Art Enables by October 28, 2011 unless other arrangements are made in advance. Any work which is not claimed by that date will be dealt with at the discretion of Art Enables.