Deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018
The Art League’s Tabletop exhibit will showcase the artistry of various functional wares and pieces associated with the table and the presentation and serving of food and drink. Accepted media include ceramics, metal, fiber, wood, and glass.
Submission guidelines: Digital Entry Deadline: June 15, 2018.
- Entry to this exhibit is open to all artists.
- Entry fee: $30 for up to three works. Enter at https://theartleague.submittable.com/submit
- Images must be in JPEG format, 300 dpi, and no smaller than 2100 pixels at the longest dimension. All files must be labeled with artist’s first initial and last name.
Artwork Drop-off/ Arrival Deadline:
Accepted artwork must arrive to The Art League (via UPS, FedEx, or in-person) by July 2.
In-person drop-off times:
- June 29, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- June 30,10:00 am–5:00 pm
- July 1,12:00 noon–6:00 pm
- July 2, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Ceramics: $1,000 for Best in Show; Two, $400 Equal Merit awards.
- Functional Art Forms: $1,000 for Best in Show; Two, $400 Equal Merit awards.
- All works must be functional.
- Artwork may not exceed 40 lbs.
- Vessels may not be larger than 16” X 16” X 16.” There is no size restriction on fiber work.
- $30 entry fee for up to three works; a maximum of two works can be accepted.
- Artwork must be food/drink safe, if that is the intended function.
- For artists who wish to enter furniture (such as tables or dining chairs), please contact the gallery (email@example.com or 703-683-1780) prior submitting.
- If works are shipped, a return label must be included with appropriate wrapping, and a shipment waiver must be signed.
- All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $6,000 in value. Artists will pay a 40% commission to the gallery on all sales. Commissions will be paid after the close of the exhibit.
Accepted artwork is selected by the juror based on her curatorial vision and aesthetic.
Delivery & Return:
- Work accepted for exhibition may be hand-delivered or shipped to The Art League by July 2 (see in-person drop-off times above). Exhibitors are responsible for the cost of transporting artworks to and from the exhibit.
- The artist is responsible for the shipping cost to and from the gallery – shipping through UPS or FedEx only. All work must include a pre-paid return-shipping label. Artists planning to ship must request a shipment waiver from the gallery. Place the prepaid shipping label and waiver in an envelope and attach it to the outside of your shipping container.
- Use care when packing your artwork. Wrap carefully with bubble wrap or foam, place box with vessel inside a second, larger box cushioned with protective materials such as foam “popcorn” or bubble wrap. Tape both boxes carefully on all sides. Work will be returned in the same containers.
About the juror, Cathi Jefferson:
Cathi Jefferson’s career as a studio-trained potter began under mentor Herman Venema in Matsqui, BC, Canada in 1974. Jefferson imbued this hands-on study with formal arts training at Kwantlen College and the Fraser Valley College. Over the years, Jefferson’s desire for learning and improvement has taken her to workshops around the world, with residencies at The Archie Bray Foundation in Montana and others in BC, Banff, Maine, Japan, and the UK.
Jefferson has been teaching clay at the University of Victoria since she moved to the Island in 2007. She’s also taught at Emily Carr College of Art and Industrial Design and the Kootenay School of Art, in addition to giving many hands-on demonstrations at workshops and conferences throughout North America, the UK, and Korea. In 2010, Jefferson was awarded the Carter Wosk BC Creative Award for Applied Art and Design.