In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the enactment of the Clean Water Act, The Athenaeum Gallery invites DC, Virginia, and Maryland artists to explore concepts related to the Potomac River, its vital role in the regional ecosystem, and the importance of working toward a clean, healthy river. We are looking for a wide variety of interpretations on the theme – but everything accepted will be a plausible fit to “Potomac River Life.”
Exhibition Dates: July 14 — August 21, 2022
- Depict life on/in the water
- Inspire, motivate, or educate people to take action regarding river health
- Comment on the fragility the Potomac River and its role in the regional ecosystem.
- Propose creative solutions for improving things regarding the Potomac
- Celebrate the Potomac River
All work selected will relate to the theme “Potomac River Life.” If something is submitted that represents rivers in general or a different body of water, if it could be the Potomac, it is eligible.
This exhibition is being arranged in coordination with The Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRN). Relevant programming and events will occur in the gallery during the show, and a portion of sales commission will benefit the PRN (as well as the NVFAA).