| CALLS FOR ENTRY |
ALL MIXED UP
All Mixed Up is a juried exhibition of works in two or more media, sponsored by The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division. The exhibition will be on display at the Brentwood Arts Exchange at the Gateway Arts Center, 3901 Rhode Island Avenue, Brentwood, MD from November 1 – 27, 2010.
September 7, 2010
All submissions must be received by 5:00pm on Tuesday, September 7.
* Deadline for receipt of entries: September 7, 2010
* Notification of selected works: October 1, 2010
* Art work drop-off period: October 21-23
* Exhibition closes: November 27, 2010
* Artwork pick-up period: November 29-30
Philippa Hughes creator of the Pink Line Project.
$1000 in cash awards will be made by the juror. The Prince George’s Arts Council will make a Purchase Award from this exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY & SUBMISSION CRITERIA
This call for entries is open to all artists 18 years of age or older who live, work, attend school or have studios in Prince George’s County, MD, whose artwork is constructed of two or more media (“mixed media”). Artists may submit a maximum of 3 artworks for consideration. All works must be original (no reproductions). Proposals for mixed media installation or performance works should include example images, video or audio of the type of work being proposed as well as a brief document describing the proposed art work.
WHAT TO SEND
Materials should be submitted by mail or delivered in person to 7833 Walker Drive, Suite 430, Greenbelt, MD. Please send:
* A CD/DVD containing images and/or segments of audio/video, each no longer than five minutes in duration.
* A printed list of the works submitted with titles, media, and dimensions.
* If you would like your materials returned, please include an SASE.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Attn: All Mixed Up Juried Exhibition
Arts & Cultural Heritage Division, M-NCPPC
7833 Walker Dr., Suite 430
Greenbelt, MD 20770
GUIDELINES FOR DIGITAL FILES
Effort will be made to review all submissions, regardless of format. However, please be aware that incompatible files may cause submissions to be rejected. Applicants are encouraged to format files as described below.
* Name each file according to the following format: “last name” underscore “document”. Example: jones_statement.pdf.
* Please number each image file corresponding to the work sample list. Example: 01_jones_untitled.jpg
* Image files should not be larger than 1MB, and should be formatted as jpeg, tiff or png.
* Video and audio submissions may be submitted as a DVD or on a CD and formatted as Quicktime, Windows Media, .wav or .mpeg files, as appropriate.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery. Art work must be delivered ready to hang and appropriately presented. For works that require projection, sound or other electronic equipment, those materials must be provided by the artist. Art works that differ significantly from the images submitted for judging or are not ready for gallery installation may be rejected. If you need to ship the work, please call us to let us know what arrangements you have made. The exhibition will be installed and dismantled by M-NCPPC staff unless the nature of the work requires special assistance. All work accepted for exhibition will remainat the Brentwood Arts Exchange for the duration of the exhibition.
SALES & INSURANCE
The M-NCPPC will retain a 25% commission on all art works sold during, or as a result of the exhibition. The M-NCPPC will insure all consigned artwork in the custody of the Brentwood Arts Exchange from the time they are received by delivery, until the pick up date only.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact: Julia Morelli, Visual Arts Specialist, M-NCPPC email@example.com Tel. 301-446-3249; tty. 301-446-6802.