Deadline: March 4, 2020
Brentwood Arts Exchange is seeking proposals from artists and curators to present exhibitions for available dates: September 2020 – January 2022. Solo and group exhibitions are welcome; they support art in all media and forms. Deadline for submission is March 5, 2020. Follow the link for more information and to submit your proposal.
This call is open to all artists and curators who are 18 years of age or older. There are no other restrictions.
- The Main Gallery is approximately 2,500 sq. ft. with 1,800 sq. ft. of exhibition space. It features 14 ft. ceilings, LED track lighting, three ceiling-mounted high lumens projectors, acoustic baffling, and white walls.
- The Lab Gallery is approximately 700 sq. ft. and can exhibit wall-hung artwork only. Like the main gallery, it has 14 ft. ceilings, LED lighting, and white walls.
All proposals must be submitted online at m-ncppc.submittable.com. No other forms of application will be accepted. All proposals must include:
- Contact information for the person responsible for the proposal.
- An artist/curatorial statement that is no longer than one page.
- A résumé or Curriculum Vitae for each person involved in the exhibition.
- 15-20 images of work samples; OR 5 segments of audio and/or video, each no longer than five minutes in duration; OR an appropriate combination of images, video, audio and web-based work.
- Proposals may include up to three detail images for three dimensional works or stills of time-based works.
SHIPPING & INSTALLATION
When possible, Brentwood Arts Exchange will provide transportation for artwork only within the Washington, DC region. We do not generally pay for shipping. Exhibitions will be installed and dismantled by M-NCPPC staff unless the nature of the work requires special assistance.
SALES & INSURANCE
The M-NCPPC will retain a 25% commission on all art works sold during or as a result of the exhibition. The M-NCPPC insures all consigned artworks while they are in our custody.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact:
Spencer Dormitzer, Director,