The Hyattsville Community Development Corporation (CDC) is issuing a Request for Qualifications from local filmmakers for consideration to produce a suite of fixed-budget, short, clever promotional videos intended to create buzz, market & position the Prince George’s County Gateway Arts & Entertainment District, and its stakeholders. Access to other upcoming film-related opportunities working with small businesses, non-profits, and community projects through referral is a consideration for the submitter. The CDC seeks submittals that demonstrate the filmmaker’s ability to meet our marketing needs for a wide range of purposes. Qualified filmmakers will be contacted as part of the program, as well as per opportunity.
Film and digital media in the Gateway Arts District
The Hyattsville CDC collaborates with, supports, and invests in an economically-driven network of creative film entrepreneurs looking for opportunities in Hyattsville and the Gateway Arts District. Film and digital media (FDM) is an effective means to communicate, launch, and document influential ideas, unique places and contributions.
Hyattsville CDC has co-sponsored and assisted FDM programming in many forms: beginning with the Prince George’s County premiere of Teza in February 2010; The Cultural Exchange, Hyattsville Branch Library’s ongoing Independent Film Series; the Third DMV International Film Festival in June 2012; and has fostered The Creative Edge Film Studio of Prince George’s County, to aid in its process building educational programs and film opportunities across the County.
Filmmakers who deliver creative work, whether formal or cutting-edge, are invited to submit their Qualifications, along with the supporting material listed below.
View or print this RFQ online by visiting https://www.hyattsvillecdc.org/content/view/236/1/
Chosen submittals will enable selected, qualified filmmakers to be considered for assignment. This request for qualifications is ongoing, on a per opportunity basis, and selected applicants will be contacted to work with the CDC on a prospective timeline, production details, and fee structure. Filmmakers are defined as any individuals or teams that produce high-quality video media and are 18 and older. This call is open to all area resident filmmakers, with weighted-preference applied to those who work/live/exhibit in the Gateway Arts District.
Filmmakers are encouraged to submit via e-mail or via DVD to the below address. All topics will be accepted as we are looking for materials that demonstrate your technical competence and narrative ability; however, marketing pieces, interviews and documentary-style submittals are suggested. Those already registered on https://MyGatewayArts.org with materials can describe so in their submissions.
Please send all materials digitally via e-mail or via DVD:
- Three samples or montages, max., any standard digital format. Preferably 5-minute each:
- If submitting via e-mail: send a valid URL link (Vimeo, Website, or Youtube)
- If submitting via DVD: Send only 1 DVD please (Write your name, phone, and e-mail)
In PDF or Word format:
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and website
- A one-page résumé or curriculum vitae
- A one-page artist’s statement of interest
- At least three current, verifiable references
- A media listing with your filename, title of film, running time, and a short synopsis. Please write your filenames as follows: imagenumber_lastname_title: i.e. 001_eisenberg_untitled.mp4
- Optional: A price-listing, if you have established, documented rates. Prices for previously commissioned comparable work and project details are welcomed.
Send Application materials, questions an comments to:
Stuart Eisenberg, Executive Director
4312 Hamilton St. Hyattsville, MD 20781