Deadline: January 22, 2021
CALL FOR ARTISTS:
miXt Food Hall (miXt) is a culinary arts incubator providing space, equipment, services, and mentorship to new food concepts in a community venue that encourages meaningful social engagement. Located in the Gateway Arts District at 3809 Rhode Island Avenue, Brentwood, Maryland, miXt seeks artists to paint 14 individual mini murals on 7 cement columns within the communal food hall for public viewing. miXt is interested in using 14 individual artists but depending on submissions and quality of work, artists may be awarded multiple mural opportunities. Each mural comes with a $350 honorarium.
- 12 murals will be 36” x 28” (including border).
- 2 murals will be 30” x 28” (including border).
- Each mural must have a one-inch black border around each mural for a consistent look throughout the food hall.
- Deadline for submissions: January 22, 2021.
- Selected artists notification January 29, 2021.
- Installation schedule will start in February.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to Prince Georges County COVID-19 regulations.
Upon approval, the selected artist or artist team will be issued an artist agreement. John Paradiso will serve as the miXt murals coordinator and project manager overseeing the mural installations.
Please submit the following to Sandy Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Concept design(s) ideas through a rendering or other media;
- Brief statement about the proposed mural;
- List proposed materials to be used (Preferred materials are acrylic paint, durable, non-hazardous, and easily cleanable.)
- Suggested inspiration for mini murals should include Gateway Arts District, Food/Cooking, Community Gathering, or Local Natural Environment, but other inspirations will be considered; And
- No more than three (3) submissions
For questions and all inquiries contact: John Paradiso, email@example.com or 202-487-8458