Join a thriving community of professional artists in the Montpelier Resident Artist Program. These artists work in a diverse variety of media and styles, maintain studio hours for the public to visit and participate in community events. Selected by a juror, resident artists exhibit their work in the Montpelier Arts Center’s Resident Artist Gallery on a rotating basis. To be considered, artists must be 18 years or older, reside in Maryland and submit a portfolio for review. Application deadline
is March 13, March 27 2022. For Information and to Submit
Individual studio spaces at Montpelier Arts Center are located on the first floor and the second floor. The printmaking studio is a shared workspace on the first floor. Studios vary in size and are rented to qualified artists.
To be considered, artists must be at least 18 years old, and reside in Maryland. Residents of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties will take precedence over others. Resident artists may share studio space at Montpelier Arts Center. However, each prospective resident artist must submit an individual submission for review by the juror.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
- All entries must be submitted online at https://montpelierartscenter.submittable.com/ by Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Current résumé, artist statement, and biography for each artist looking to rent.
- Letter of intent stating reasons for applying, what you hope to accomplish through/during residency, how studio space will be used, and any special projects you propose with Montpelier Arts Center.
- A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 digital images that best exemplify your portfolio/proposal, with the titles, dates, and dimensions of each work. Images must be in JPEG format at a minimum 300 dpi.
- Three professional references, their relation to you, and their contact information.
Each selected artist will be granted a lease for rental space at Montpelier Arts Center. Montpelier resident artists may hold solo exhibitions in the Resident Artist Gallery on a revolving basis.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 27, 2022, 11:59 pm
New Leases Begin at Montpelier Arts Center: Friday, July 1, 2022
For more information, please call 301-377-7800; TTY 301-699-2544 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montpelier Arts Center is a facility of The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks & Recreation, Prince George’s County, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division. The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission is supported by a grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive. The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.