Application Deadline: Monday, May 5
The Hyattsville Community Development Corporation (CDC) in partnership with Maryland Milestones/ATHA, Inc. and the Art Lives Here Initiative, seeks muralists to propose and paint designs themed in commemoration of the War of 1812. Murals designs are sought for three distinct locations upon the Route 1 Overpass, at the union of Baltimore Avenue and Alternate US Route 1 in the Gateway Arts District of Prince George’s County. Mural designs of two distinct scales and character are desired.
The mural sites will be prepped and primed, and will be ready to be painted by (jury-selected) muralists at the arts happening event: “Bursting in Air,” on Saturday, July 26th, 2014. Visit http://hycdc.org/bursting to see the full RFP.
This call is open to all area visual artists age 18 and older; preference to those who work/live/exhibit in the Gateway Arts District. Artists with materials already registered on the http://www.MyGatewayArts.org Artists Directory can describe so in their submissions.
Send all materials digitally via e-mail by Monday, May 5th to the jurying committee:
- Illustrate at least 1 proposed design/sketch per location (79 DPI, 2MB max per JPG/GIF/TIF/PNG)
- Optional but highly suggested: 3 examples of previous outdoor mural work
In PDF or Word format:
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and website
- A one-page résumé or curriculum vitae; At least three current, verifiable references
- A one-page artist’s statement
- An image listing with your filename, title of artwork or description, media, size. Please write your filenames as follows: lastname_imagenumber_title: i.e. eisenberg_001_artwork.jpg
Please e-mail all application materials to the Hyattsville CDC’s Dropbox e-mail address email@example.com. Subject: Hyattsville Bursting in Air Muralists RFP – Your Name
For questions please contact Justin Fair, Hyattsville CDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (301) 683-8267.