Deadline: Tuesday, December 1 at 11:59PM
RESILIENT TOGETHER is a creative placemaking initiative designed to support local Artist and Small Business partnerships. Its goal is to spur creative and safe resiliency strategies small businesses can employ to attract and sustain their customer base as they continue to adapt to the changing circumstances of COVID-19. The initiative is specifically targeted to businesses located in DC’s Ward 8.
Winning Artist/Small Business Partnerships will be awarded up to $5,000. The award will be paid directly to the business, and the business will be required to reimburse the artist as agreed upon on the award MOU. RESILIENT TOGETHER will award 3-5 grants in total.
Each projects should include at least one artist and one small business, and detail the way in which parties will work together on their RESILIENT TOGETHER project. In person or virtual projects are welcomed as are projects across artistic disciplines (digital arts, performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, etc.). Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Cultural Development – Projects should celebrate and highlight the unique culture of DC neighborhoods and highlight local small businesses run by entrepreneurs of color.
- Community Engagement – Projects must demonstrate community engagement via project design and/or during the project itself. Projects must also demonstrate the benefit to local community and partner business.
- COVID-19 Operations – Projects must be in line with DC’s Re-Opening plan and public health recommendations to ensure community health and safety.
- Geography – Proposed project must be located within or adjacent to an Opportunity Zone in the District of Columbia in Ward 8.
See below for key dates and to access the Resilient Together Call for Proposals
To Apply: Fill out an application using This Link
To View the Full Call for Proposals: Click Here
- Application Open – Friday, October 16, 2020
- Information Webinar 2 – Monday, November 16 at 3PM; (Register here)*
- Application Close – Tuesday, December 1 at 11:59PM
- Award Winners Notified – No Later than Thursday December 31, 2020
- Creative Placemaking Development, Design and Installation – January 2021 – March 2021
* Webinars will be recorded and posted at lisc.org/dc
** The original published timeline (applications were originally due November 8th) has been updated to allow more time for submissions.