Deadline: November 8, 2019
The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC), in collaboration with the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), is calling on artists and community organizations to help facilitate our community’s collective reflection about the state of our environment, particularly as it relates to climate change, waste reduction and water quality.
Together, AHCMC and DEP are sponsoring three grants for artists to develop temporary artworks that engage the community around the issue of climate change.
To be eligible for consideration, artists must live and/or work in Montgomery County. Artists will also be required to apply for the grant in collaboration with a non-profit organization or public entity, in order to demonstrate community support and volunteer capacity.
- Submission Deadline: November 8, 2019
- No Entry Fee
- Required Materials:
- Application Checklist
- CV or Resume
- Artist Statement
- Mission Statement of the Partnering Organization
- Short Narrative from the Artist
- Short Narrative from the Partnering Organization
- Minimum 2 References
- Maximum 14 Images of Past Work
- List of Images
- Open to artists located in Montgomery County, MD
- Must be a professional artist, dedicated to producing artwork on a regular basis
- Must be 18 years or older